Aug 17, 2010

Fave chicklit books!


I don't care if people get offended by the term chicklit or the fact that I am devoting a post to it!

My top 5 chick lit books are:




5. Watermelon by Marian Keyes. This woman is an absolute legend. Guaranteed to have you chuckling!


4. Bridget Jones- the edge of reason by Helen Fielding. My copy is completely battered, it is the book I open at any random page and start reading, love it!


3. Confessions of a shopaholic by Sophia Kinsella, hill-ar-ious! The film was pants though. I think alot of people can relate to the main character.


2. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding, again my copy of this is also battered! Renee Zellweger was brilliant as Bridget in my humble opinion. Some people did not like the fact that an American was playing a cult British figure (again in my opinion!). I think it is revenge after a Vivien Leigh, an English actress, played Scarlett O Hara (superbly) in Gone with the Wind.


1. Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes, Christ on a bike! This is a book and a half! One of my favourite scenes involves the new Fusion bar by cadburys! As with most of Marian's books it's not all roses, chocolates and heartbreak. The main theme in this book is drug abuse and it's effect on loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment